2017-102 Audit Scope and Objectives
Community Colleges—Technology Upgrade Plans and Processes
The audit by the California State Auditor will provide independently developed and verified information related to technology equipment implementation and upgrade plans in three community college districts, and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Review and evaluate the laws, rules, and regulations significant to the audit objectives.
- For a selection of three community college districts, perform the following:
- Identify and evaluate current policies, procedures, and practices for replacing and upgrading technology equipment.
- Identify the stakeholders involved in the decision making process at the district and campus/educational center levels for:
- Developing and implementing technology policies.
- Replacing and/or upgrading technology equipment.
- Determine whether there are current requirements that allow input from faculty, staff, and students when determining the need for new and/or ongoing training about technologies and education technology instruction.
- Identify and evaluate the practices districts/worksites use to ensure compliance with federal and state accessibility requirements related to technology services and training for faculty and staff. Determine what challenges, if any, districts, campuses, and educational centers face in adhering to these accessibility requirements.
- Determine the extent to which district budgets over the last three years include amounts for staff, maintenance, and training related to replacing and upgrading technology equipment.
- Review and assess any other issues that are significant to the audit.
California State Auditor's Office