Report 2013-111 Recommendations and Responses in 2015-041
Report 2013-111: UCLA and UCSF Medical Centers: Although They Supply Significant Monetary Support to Their Campuses' Schools of Medicine, Their Finances and Key Measures of Patient-Care Quality Have Remained Stable
|Department||Number of Years Reported As Not Fully Implemented||Total Recommendations to Department||Not Implemented After One Year||Not Implemented as of 2014-041 Response||Not Implemented as of Most Recent Response|
|University of California||1||1||1||N/A||0|
Recommendation To: University of California
The university should take steps to increase the transparency of its campuses' health system support transfers. Specifically, the university should establish a process ensuring that it annually issues a report through its Web site that is available to the public and that describes the financial and programmatic impact of each campus's health system support transfers.
The University has completed the action plan.
The following is a high-level overview of implementation steps:
1. Draft a work plan that will support completion of UC's commitment to supply an annual disclosure fulfilling the recommendation, by the end of calendar year 2014 - Completed.
2. Develop a data collection template and distribute to all medical center campuses' finance departments - Completed.
3. Distribute template to all medical center campuses' finance departments to complete annual report - Completed.
4. Publicly release data - Completed. See link: http://reportingtransparency.universityofcalifornia.edu/ report available under "Health System Support Report."
- California State Auditor's Assessment of Status: Fully Implemented
- Completion Date: February 2015
- Response Date: February 2015