What We Offer
The State of California offers a comprehensive benefits package in addition to our competitive salaries.
- Competitive salaries. The auditor career salary ranges are competitive. For other opportunities, the salary ranges depend on the job classification. Employees are eligible to receive salary adjustments based on performance and within the salary range.
- Time Off. Employees generally earn more than two weeks of vacation within the first year of service, receive paid holidays, and earn sick leave.
- Medical Benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance.
- Retirement Benefits. Most full-time employees are automatically enrolled in retirement with CalPERS and can build a retirement savings account (long-term savings plan—401(k) or 457 plans). Employees may also be eligible for health insurance in retirement.
- Professional Development Benefits. We offer certification and educational reimbursements, training, and paid professional development days.
- Other Benefits and Services. Employees can take advantage of other benefits and services such as commute incentives for public transit or carpooling, pre-tax parking, and other insurance plans.
Learn more about the State's comprehensive benefits package.